Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Forcing Taslima to leave the country‏

20-Mar-2008
Dear Mr. Prime Minister,

Ms Taslima has left the country. This is what she said to press.

I left New Delhi very early in the day and am now in London, but please don't ask me my destination for the sake of security - the same reason why I had withheld the date of my departure prior to leaving the country,

Even though they [the government] constantly pressured me mentally to leave the country, I refused to budge. I was determined I would not leave this country. When they saw it was pointless trying to destroy my mind, they attempted to destroy my body. In this they succeeded by ruining my health, which leaves me with no other alternative but to leave this country. I am forced to leave India. I used to call this [the undisclosed 'safe location' in New Delhi where she was put on November 23, 2007] the torture chamber. I gradually came to realise that it was the chamber of death instead.

What your government did to Ms Taslima is just shameful. You budged to the pressure of Muslim fundamentalist for Muslim vote. On Taslima issue Congress, Ms Mamata Banerjee and CPM are all united. You are indulging sick politics. Both BJP and Congress are destroying very basis of Indian secularism. Congress is behaving like a headless chicken like CPM when they opposed 123 agreement? 

No comments:

Post a Comment